Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
$14 per hour. The position is full time. The shift is 5:00 am-1:30 pm or 1:00 pm-9:30 pm. You should be available to work some weekends as needed.
Assume leadership role in production and execution of Department in the absence of a Sous chef. Maintain a commitment for guest service and employee development. Maintain the highest quality while having an understanding for food cost.
- Three years culinary experience in similar operation
- Culinary school or related experience.
- Knowledge of soups, sauces, butchery and cooking techniques.
- Advanced knife skills.
- Knowledge of menu preparation, ordering and production organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Creative, innovative and assertive personality.
- Responsible for food requisition storage, product rotation, ordering in the absence of sous chef.
- Prepare, together with assigned cooks, food items designated by the sous chef according to Hotel standard recipes and policies.
- Receiving food requisitions checking for food products quality and amount.
- Consult with Staff on duty regarding mise en place and the food requisitioning for upcoming functions.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Ensure that the stations are clean and that all food items are properly covered and stored at the end of shift.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and execution of food for all Restaurants, Banquet, CMP, Garde Manger and Café departments, as needed.
- Consult with the sous chef on daily and weekly banquet forecast and special functions.
- Ensure that banquet functions are properly broken down and those reusable items are returned to the main kitchen and put on cafeteria shelf.
- Monitor production and quality levels of all food products.
- Train, develop and maintain employee skills and relations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing education programs for sanitation and safety.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by sous chef.
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Maintain ongoing programs for sanitation and safety.
- Knowledge of kitchens and storage areas.
- Knowledge of use, cleaning, safe handling and breakdown of all equipment.
- Free Meals
- Free Uniforms
- Uniforms laundered free
- Matching 401(k)
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- Free access to on-site state of the art fitness center
Full Time Employees
- 14 days Paid Time Off per year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Educational Assistance
Deloitte Hotel and Conference Center is managed by Benchmark Hospitality International. This facility is a private hotel and conference center located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The objective is to provide gracious, personalized service in a high quality and high volume luxury hotel environment.
- 800 single occupancy guest rooms
- 95K square feet of conference and classroom space
- Cutting edge hospitality and educational technology
- Marketplace style, three meals a day restaurant
- 18 hour coffee/wine bar
- Casual indoor & outdoor, social venue
- 12K square foot Fitness Center
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com
Posted 15 Days Ago