Assistant Conference Floor Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for maintaining the quality and standards of the Conference Services Department Floor Operations, with focus on scheduling, accuracy per program agenda, and efficient execution/guidance through pop-up needs. Oversees the event execution of DU Property Wide Events by acting as a resource for the assigned Deloitte Meeting Planner and vendor(s), recording event progress and success, and supporting the efforts of the evening conference services staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One year experience in the hospitality industry, Corporate events, or similar.
- Four-Five Diamond and/or Large Property Experience Preferred.
- Previous experience with mid-scale production.
- Experience acting as operational liaison for events of 200+ attendees.
- Excellent computer software knowledge; to include Microsoft Office, Delphi and/or other Catering Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, to all other departments and interdepartmentally
- Organizational skills .
- Ability to manage employees, reprioritize when necessary, and accurately report on the successes and challenges of evening events.
- Oversees the evening (and sometimes daytime/weekend/flexible) activities of the Conference Setup Supervisor(s), Conference Setup Attendants, and Special Events/DU Property Wide Events.
- Assist the Conference Floor Manager with the management and coordination of event set-up, breakdown, and transition of all meeting rooms/function space per Program Agenda and other scheduled activity.
- Maintain departmental STOs, ensuring CSA team’s adherence to these established policies.
- Create and maintain training program corresponding to most updated departmental procedures.
- Maintain contact with clients, ensuring all programmatic needs are serviced and they are feeling comfortable about their event(s).
- Maintain effective communication and strong relationships with those you manage, the CS department, guests, and all BHI departments. Act as a friendly resource.
- Assist with production of room set diagrams, adhering to CS standards, supporting distribution timelines, and acting as a great partner to AV Production.
- Screen, interview, select, and train CSA staff and supervisors. Assist Conference Floor Manager with scheduling, reviewing employee hours worked and operating in HRIS.
- Regularly review and assess department operation, promptly addressing employee challenges and documenting/coaching employee shortcomings and successes as necessary.
- Determine work schedule and assist Conference Floor Manager in delegation of duties and tasks.
- Meet with Deloitte Meeting Planner(s) and Special Events Manager regularly to prepare for events.
- Execute Property wide and special events, ensuring all planned elements of the program are carried out flawlessly and pop-ups are dealt with in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- Regularly attend preparatory meetings to include, but not limited to BEO meeting, pre-cons, CS Operations, shift meetings.
- Ensure successful vendor experience, remaining mindful of asset protection initiatives. Document and hold vendors accountable for any damages or sub-standard performance.
- Provide timely feedback on success level of events, advising if alternate event arrangements should be made in the future. Ensure and enforce procedures and policies, ensuring a safe, healthy, and productive workplace.
- Participate as a team player with all departments. Act as a leader and a role model to all employees.
Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com