Assistant Director of Conference Services
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:BASIC FUNCTION: Provides direction, mentor management and professional development to the Senior Leaders of Conference Services while overseeing the overall operational execution of each area. Upholds standards and provides continuous process improvement ensuring flawless guest experiences and maintaining optimal employee engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience in the hospitality industry with at least three years of that experience associated with Corporate Conference Centers or Conference Center Resorts.
- Four-Five Diamond and/or large property experience preferred.
- Experience in supervising a staff of 10 or more preferred.
- Previous experience with managing financials and development of budgets.
- Extensive knowledge of conference service equipment, set-up styles and banquet event set-up.
- Hotel operations and/or event planning management experiences required.
- Excellent computer software knowledge; to include Microsoft Office, Delphi and/or other Catering Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, to all other departments and interdepartmentally.
- Meets with department regularly to ensure an open line of communication, encourage employee morale and problem solve any employee issues.
- Ensures managers and support staff are properly trained and have equipment to execute according to standard.
- Complete employee performance appraisals in a timely manner and utilize for feedback, growth and career planning.
- Maintain staffing levels within budgetary guidelines.
- Approve purchase orders for department.
- Monitor and ensure positive guest/client experience with floor concierge and guest services operation.
- Assist with coordination and execution of group assignments turned over by the Director Conference Services by acting as a resource for CSMs
- Serve as a facilitator to assist CS team with client issues and communication.
- Assist Director of Conference Services with administration of all phases of the CS department, including, but not limited to scheduling, training, mentoring, disciplining and general administrative procedures.
- Assist with managing, training and counseling conference services staff.
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments.
- Serve as departmental-lead during absence of Director of Conference Services
- Develop and maintain professional departmental service standards for conference set up, resource management, guest services, planning and concierge staff.
- Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com