Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:$18 per hour. The position is full time. The shift will vary from day to day. You should be fully available to work various AM/PM shifts. Some weekends as needed.
The Banquet Captain will supervise staff, coordinate banquet events assigned and implement Property and banquet policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years food and beverage experience in banquets.
- One year supervision experience in Food & Beverage
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for function (order stewarding, chaffing dishes, tables and miscellaneous products.
- Coordinate with kitchen on food pick up.
- Supervise set up, preparation, service and tear down of banquet function.
- Constant training of staff. Safety procedures.
- Conduct pre-meeting. Interact with guests, group coordinator, and conference planning managers.
- Evaluation and discipline of employees.
- Give feedback to Asst F&B Director.
- Prepare and present all billing to client and distribute copies to needed department.
- Coordinate with planners and meet with clients of future events.
- Responsible for quality control of all foods and set ups.
- Maintain upkeep of all.
- Coffee break areas and guest floor pantries.
Maintain open communication with management and other employees.
Be well organized and efficient.
WHAT WE ARE:
800 room private hotel and conference center.
Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
Awesome Employee Events & Recognition
Paid Time Off
Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com