Buyer - Purchasing
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:$15 per hour. The shift is 7:00 am-4:30 pm. You should be available to work half day Saturday once a month.
The responsibility of the buyer is to procure & expedite quality products, services & supplies at optimum cost to ensure an efficient and effective procurement cycle.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- General knowledge of purchasing and inventory applications.
- Two years food and beverage, materials receiving or buying experience required.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Eatec purchasing system preferred.
- Strong mathematical & clerical skills.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Maintains notes, documents, files & spreadsheets that support the procurement cycle.
- Negotiates pricing, freight & delivery terms in a cost effective manner.
- Orders all items in procurement system & communicates purchases with vendors in a timely manner.
- Maintains purchasing skills & knowledge by developing available outside resources.
- Support management in operations of order control and maintenance of the procurement system.
- Analyzes & selects vendors that deliver quality products & services in a timely & cost effective manner.
- Build relationships and establish trust with vendors to ensure high outcomes ofservices.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Manager/Director.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Oversees activity in general storeroom, including supervising attendants in absence of Management.
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Free Uniforms
- Uniforms laundered free
- Matching 401(k)
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- Free access to on-site state of the art fitness center
Full Time Employees
- 14 days Paid Time Off per year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Educational Assistance
Deloitte Hotel and Conference Center is managed by Benchmark Hospitality International. This facility is a private hotel and conference center located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The objective is to provide gracious, personalized service in a high quality and high volume luxury hotel environment.
- 800 single occupancy guest rooms
- 95K square feet of conference and classroom space
- Cutting edge hospitality and educational technology
- Marketplace style, three meals a day restaurant
- 18 hour coffee/wine bar
- Casual indoor & outdoor, social venue
- 12K square foot Fitness Center
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com