Conference Floor Set-Up Supervisor
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:$15 per hour. This is a full time position. The shift will require flexibility. You should be available to work some weekends as needed.
The Conference Floor Set-Up Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the quality and standards of the Conference Services Department and the Property, with the focus on meeting and exceeding our guests expectations every day.
- Must have excellent communication (oral/written) and guest relations skills.
- Must have the ability to motivate and develop the Floor staff to perform in a Team atmosphere. Availability to work variable hours, weekends, included.
- Must also have the ability to lift objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Oversees the daily activities of CSA/Meeting Set-up team. Supervise and coordinate the set-up and breakdown of all meeting room/function space for business meetings and catering events.
- Ensures the clients requirements and standards have been met, if not exceeded. Develop effective communication with Guests, Conference Services Attendants, Conference Floor Manager and all levels of management in other departments.
- Perform daily quality control checks on all equipment and meeting/function space, reporting any needed repairs or maintenance to ensure our safety and quality standards are met.
- To perform minor maintenance on conference equipment, which may require the lifting of miscellaneous equipment weighing 5-75 lbs. and utilizing various hand tools.
- Ability to monitor and maintain inventory levels of all conference supplies, including coffee break par stock items.
- Assist in the cost-control methods of all conference supplies.
- The ability to understand and execute the special needs of guests/meeting attendees at Deloitte University. This may entail attending meetings with the Conference Services Manager, Deloitte Planner and the on-site contact of a group that is holding or planning a meeting, to review any special requirements or details concerning the meeting.
- Completion of all paperwork as required. This may include some knowledge of computer software and the ability to complete necessary written forms.
- Assist Conference Attendants with appropriate duties, which require the ability to lift equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. (chairs, stanchions, tables) and push table carts weighing up to 800 lbs., glass/mug racks weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Assist the Business Center with delivering faxes, messages and packages to meeting rooms.
- Assist with desk coverage, including various secretarial responsibilities of the Business Center Staff.
- In the absence of the Conference Floor Manager will assume an expanded role. This may include attending various department meetings, completing appropriate paperwork and performing other daily responsibilities associated with the Floor Manger’s role.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com