Conference Services Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Conference Services Manager is a service professional possessing excellent supervisory skills, the ability to effectively manage executive-level and large scale meetings, along with multiple tasking. After event space is allocated, the Conference Service Manager prepares all event documentation and coordinates with the Deloitte Meeting Planner, property departments, and Program Team to ensure a consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of programs. They ensure a successful discovery and execution of all conference group related activities and events. The Conference Services Manager will act as the primary liaison between the Deloitte Planner and the operation staff of the property while focusing on the client’s expectations. This position manages groups in size of 10 to 800 people.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of experience in the event management or related professional area
- Meeting and event experience in operations, planning or coordination required
- Expert knowledge of event management system required. Delphi Plus and NewMarket Systems preferred.
- Food and beverage &/or catering, event menu knowledge strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate effectively with peers and supervisors in a positive manner.
- Ensures precise execution of group events by effectively coordinating all operating departments to deliver required services to include but not limited to, arrival and departure, meeting room set-ups, audio visual/production needs, special individual needs, diagrams, special events, and transportation.
- After a space is booked by the Deloitte Scheduling, discover proactively, communicate and coordinate all operational aspects required.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the facility including accommodations, meeting facilities and support services available to best maximize the effective utilization of the facility.
- Must constantly fulfill the general, unique or special meeting objectives of each client and ensure each meeting/event meets that client’s particular meeting objectives, needs and requirements.
- Maintain positive relationships by ensuring open communication and timely updates with all departments in an effort to better meet the clients’ requirements.
- Communicates frequently with Deloitte planner to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Coordinate all aspects of the clients’ needs by utilizing departmental services, along with services provided by local vendors who may offer services and/or products as requested.
- Communicate updates to reflect an accurate and current status of all meeting requirements and attendee counts enabling operational departments to accurately deliver the clients’ needs.
- After BEOs have been distributed to all Departments, maintain accurate and up to date information by continually updating Operations Departments of changes by following change process procedures whenever changes to a meeting have occurred.
- Takes a proactive approach toward guest and Deloitte planner satisfaction. Performs necessary administrative tasks to include distribution of event orders, reports, filing, forecasting operational logistics through a 30/60/90 day data process, etc
- Follow standards in production and use of Delphi database system with assembly of reports as requested by the Director of Conference Services, or other departments.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com