Director of Purchasing
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:BASIC FUNCTION: The Director of Purchasing is responsible for all purchasing procedures, functions and duties concerning purchasing and receiving. This position is directly responsible for supporting two distinct operations, including buying/ordering and receiving supplies, immediately storing and issuing these products, implementation and maintenance of all internal control and audit policies and procedures.
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, and other database systems.
- Detail oriented communication and multi-tasking skills.
- 3 years of supervisor/management experience required.
- At least 5 years in related position in Purchasing, Accounting/Finance, or Food & Beverage.
- Manage the Purchasing employees to include hiring, coaching, performance reviews, and scheduling.
- Maintain daily inventories of products, par stock levels, purchase quantities and pricing.
- Check quality, quantity and pricing of all products received.
- Advise manager of any stocked item shortages or removal of the last of a stocked item. Assist with ordering on the weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Responsible for the upkeep of storeroom equipment (pallets jacks, dollies, carts, scales, etc.)
- Coordinate and expedite all purchasing procedures and orders with the exception of engineering materials and products.
- Responsible for the specification verification, consumption/pars of all products, distribution of purchase orders, and the follow-up and tracing of outstanding orders.
- Ensure we are consistently purchasing items at the best price available from any vendor/store. Conduct research through resources such as vendors, corporate procurement, online searched to ensure we continue to purchase at the best price.
- Obtains bids from vendors according to the specifications set by the department heads. Determine the best possible price for and quantity of the items and place orders for all non-food items.
- Schedule deliveries of non-food items to meet the operational needs outlined by the department heads.
- Conduct quarterly reviews with top providers to ensure that we leverage our buying power.
- Coordinates monthly inventories with finance team; responsible for tracking food and beverage credits; maintains spread sheets of food, liquor, wine, beer and tobacco inventories to track month-to-month variances.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Purchasing Department through inspections, timely and careful review of all paperwork.
- Respond to any reasonable request made by the Director of Finance or General Manger.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com