Engineer Tech I - HVAC
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Starting pay rate is $17 per hour. Rate varies based on experience. The position is full time. The shift time varies. You should be available to work some weekends as needed.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Engineer I HVAC/R will perform and/or oversee the preventive maintenance and repairs of existing equipment as well as consider, plan and execute upgrades and new installations of HVAC/R equipment. This person will respond to and resolve emergency situations involving life safety, assist guests with maintenance or other requests, and perform various work order tasks and preventive maintenance on property equipment regardless of the "trade" that the task falls under.
High school diploma or equivalent
Associates degree or higher in HVAC/R or related fields preferred
HVAC Certification required
EPA CFC certification required
Four year’s experience in a similar job
Two years hotel experience preferred
Ability to read and utilize schematic diagrams
Ability to use all aspects of a multi-meter
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, relating to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
Ability to use hand tools, power tools and soldering equipment.
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.
- Repair and maintain HVAC/R equipment at manufacturers original design levels
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work space.
- Resolves guest’s problems and handles all guest requests.
- Identifies problems, initiates work orders, accomplished assigned work orders and does all necessary repairs relating to their expertise.
- Performs preventative maintenance and maintains logs in an organized manner.
- Complete the duty rounds checklists and corrects noted problems.
- Responsible for correct use of office equipment, EMS system and Life Safety Systems, (training provided).
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Snow shoveling as necessary.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com