Front Office Supervisor
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:$15 per hour. The position is full time. You should be available to work a flexible rotating schedule between 7:00am - 3:30pm, 3:00pm - 11:30pm & 11:00pm - 7pm. The Front Office Supervisor oversees the operation of the Front Desk, Group Reservations and the Communications Center, ensuring flawless execution of guest service. The supervisor handles guest concerns and is empowered to act in the absence of a manager, while being a positive role model and holding all employees accountable for following our Core Values, First Priorities, Policies and Procedures. The supervisor is also responsible for receiving all guest requests and entering information into appropriate computer application.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college preferred.
- Two years experience in Front Office, PBX, Bell/Guest Services or Reservations preferred.
- One year supervisory experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required Advanced knowledge of Front Office computer systems preferred.
- Available to work a variable schedule. Valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Ensure that exceptional guest service is delivered by all Front Office associates.
- Monitor and assist in the completion of all morning and evening Front Office tasks.
- Resolve guest opportunities expediently and in a professional manner.
- Monitor fluctuations in occupancy, guest arrival/departure flow and daily transportation requests.
- Direct the efforts of all Front Office employees, delegating work in a fair and equitable manner.
- Assist in the training, development and motivation of all Front Office employees.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Front Office Manager or Evening Manager, including acting as Front Office representative at necessary meetings.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery/tracking of all guest messages or packages.
- Actively participate in the cleanliness of the lobby, porte cochere and hallways.
- Monitor radio communications between Security, Engineering, and MOD in emergency and non-emergency situations, assisting as necessary.
- Frequently use or troubleshoot at an advanced level the following software: HotSOS Service Optimization Software, Opera Property Management Softwar, Cisco PBX Software, SAMS Lost and Found Software, Stratton Warren Purchasing/Procurement System, Microsoft Office Software Suite, SALTO Hotel Access Management Software, MICROS Point Of Sale Software
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, Benchmark leadership and employees in a professional manner, as appropriate.
- Ability to utilize professional discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Display sound judgment in escalating challenges and unusual situations to Leadership.
- Monitor and provide assistance if needed to the Communication Center Agents in creating and/or preparing badging needs.
- Monitor Communication Center call volume and provide additional coverage when required.
- Serves as the Front of House Manager on Duty in the absence of a Manager. Assists other departments as required.
- Performing regular equipment audits and submitting HotSOS tickets for maintenance as needed.
- Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure the property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK??, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com