Hotel & Conference Center - Director of Food & Beverage
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:BASIC FUNCTION: The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for overseeing the menu content, operation and staff of all food and beverage departments on property and to maintain the highest level of standards and efficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry as a senior leader and minimum 10 years of gradual increased responsibilities in the F&B Division.
- Knowledge of Micros, Word, Excel, Purchasing Software and Payroll processes
- Excellent customer and employee interaction skills.
- Must possess experience from high quality high volume environments
- Must understand Purchasing fundamentals and nutritional contents of various products
- Attend weekly operations meetings. Relay information about upcoming events to staff under his/her supervision. Relay company policy and procedures to staff under his/her supervision.
- Supply information about department capabilities and programs to other departments and clients or potential clients.
- Respond to needs and requests of guests and potential guests.
- Communicate directly to on site Deloitte leadership about future menu changes and challenges that may affect guest service i.e. bar taps down
- Ensure that implementation and maintenance of standards of food, beverage and service quality are commensurate with a first-class conference center.
- Implement effective cost controls for food, beverage and labor.
- Develop workable systems for inventory, receiving and product utilization (product cost).
- Develop standards of productivity for food & beverage personnel.
- Overall understanding of Micros to assist in support as "Property Expert"
- Create appealing, high quality, marketable cycle menus and special event menus.
- Menus are specific to Banquets, Conference Breaks, Bar Outlets, Grab and Go and Market Style (Conference) Restaurant- (breakfast buffet, lunch buffet and dinner ala carte and buffet) and Guestroom Floor Pantries.
- Nutritional analysis on most Market and Banquet menu items. All nutritional information to be vetted through the onsite Registered Dietitian. Menus must be designed to take into account the most common specialty dietary needs such as gluten free, dairy free, Vegan, etc
- Create a comfortable atmosphere to encourage committed and loyal employees.
- Oversee hiring and training programs for food and beverage personnel.
- Develop leadership and management skills in employees.
- Oversee and analyze weekly payroll for department.
- Responsible for corrective action about unsatisfactory performance.
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com