Hotel Cafeteria Cook
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:$13 per hour. This is a full-time position. The shift is 6:00AM - 2:30 PM, Monday - Friday. You should have flexible availability to work weekends as needed.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Responsible for cooking the food for the Employee Cafeteria. Maintain a commitment for guest service. Maintain the highest quality and consistency.
- Two years culinary experience in similar operation
- Culinary school or related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of soups, sauces, and cooking techniques.
- Above average knife skills.
- Origination and production knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of culinary department duties.
- Creative, innovative positive personality.
- Responsible for food requisition storage, product rotation.
- Prepare Food in accordance with Hotel standard recipes.
- Receiving food requisitions checking for food products quality and amount.
- Inform sous chef regarding mise en place and the food requisitioning for upcoming functions.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of kitchen equipment.
- Inspect all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation.
- Ensure that banquet functions are properly broken down and reusable items are returned to the main kitchen and put on cafeteria shelf.
- Maintain sanitation and safety per Steritech standards.
- Maintaining the food donation program.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by sous chef.
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Knowledge of kitchens and storage areas.
- Knowledge of use, cleaning, and safe handling and breakdown of all equipment.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com