Hotel Engineering Supervisor
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Starting pay rate is $20 per hour. The position is full time. The shift is 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. You should be available to work some weekends as needed.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for organizing, distributing, conducting, overseeing, tracking and ensuring quality for the work load of the department. The supervisor positions are considered to be managing and hands on positions in which this person is responsible to not only oversee a team of subordinates, but also conduct hands on repairs themselves. The position is designed to require a person with high skills, generally in mechanical, electrical and HVAC/R areas that can perform quality work him/her self and train their staff in such work to improve their skills. As with all positions in the Facilities department, this person will directly and indirectly assist guests and coworkers with maintenance or other requests, identifying and correcting problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or technical training preferred.
- 2 years experience in a similar position in the hospitality industry.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing blueprints.
- Ability to read and utilize schematic diagrams.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and multi-meters.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- EPA CFC certification preferred.
- Valid Texas Driver's License is required.
- Responds to guest’s maintenance requests and questions and resolves their need efficiently.
- Assists with the hiring of new employees and recommends promotions in Facilities department.
- Assists with training, motivating and supporting subordinate staff to insure quality service.
- Recommends counseling, coaching, disciplinary action and documentation of staff.
- Recognizes and rewards superior performance.
- Supervises the staff in Facilities Department.
- Assists in setting work schedules for staff according to skill and workload level.
- Assists with the organization and participation in meetings and maintains records and data pertaining to Property Operations.
- Assists in developing and monitoring of engineering supplies, parts, inventories and helps to administer the purchase order system.
- Coordinates with outside contractors.
- Responsible for correct use of office equipment, EMS systems and Life Safety Systems, (training will be provided).
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com