Hotel Executive Administrative Assistant
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Starting pay rate is $17.00. Full time position. You must be available to work Monday - Friday and some weekends as needed. The Executive Administrative Assistant will assist the General Manager, Director of Operations and Director or Conference Services with daily administrative functions. In addition, this person will act as the liaison with the Ownership and Home Office. The Executive Administrative Assistant will help support the Leadership Committee (LC) as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years experience in the hospitality industry or in a professional, office environment.
- Computer literate with above average proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, One Note and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Pleasant telephone manner.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Good organizational and follow through skills.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times and maintain work area in a professional, orderly manner.
- Assist General Manager, Director of Operations, Director of Conference Services and the Leadership Committee in the daily responsibilities in all areas of the Hotel.
- Answer telephone for General Manager and Director of Operations in their absence, in a prompt and professional manner.
- Handle guest calls and complaints and resolve situation if possible.
- Attend and participate in the various hotel executive meetings.
- Take notes and distribute to appropriate people.
- Handle inquiries about rooms for Transient Guest.
- Complete paperwork, route for signatures and distribute.
- Order office supplies through purchase orders or requisitions as needed.
- Work on special projects as requested by the General Manager, Director of Operations, Director of Conference Services.
- Work on additional special projects for LC as needed.
- Prepare paperwork for room requests for various meetings.
- Assist General Manager, Director of Operations and Director of Conference Services in daily administrative duties when they are away from their desk or out of the office; typing letters and memos, faxing, answering phone calls, mailings.
- Help coordinate the interior Plant contract on a weekly/monthly basis - Supervise weekly plant maintenance, alerting the contractor of any stressed or unsightly plants, and requesting replacements when necessary.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com