Hotel Sous Chef
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Sous Chef is responsible for the day-to-day production of the kitchen.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years culinary experience in a multi unit hotel or conference center.
- Previous experience supervising a staff of fifteen or more employees.
- Three years culinary training. Knowledge of culinary departments.
- Good working knowledge of basic accounting.
- Creative, innovative and assertive personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Operate the kitchen in a cost effective manner as outlined in the annual budget.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and execution of the Banquet, Restaurant, and Garde Manger departments, as well as restaurants as needed.
- Monitor production and quality levels of all food products.
- Train, develop and maintain employee skills and relations.
- Monitor executive steward responsibility.
- Oversee incoming food product to insure proper quality.
- Monitor and ensure the success of the food donation program.
- Inspect all refrigeration and dry storage for proper handling and rotation.
- Observe cafeteria to insure proper quality at all times.
- Develop and maintain ongoing education programs for sanitation and safety.
- Write description of the evening in the log book.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com