Sommelier & Beverage Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Beverage Manager is responsible for development and delivery of the Four Diamond level of service and refined beverage department operation through designing and executing private team building events and property wide intensive staff training and development, wine list design and maintenance, and assistance in inventory management.
- Five years food and beverage experience.
- Two years management experience.
- Minimum first (introductory) level of Court of Master Sommeliers Certificate or equivalent.
- Strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills in order to effectively perform their day-to-day duties and serve as a resource to other staff members.
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office required. Preferred knowledge of: MICROS, SWS, ADACO, Delphi and/or other common hospitality platforms and systems.
- Conduct and host special event activities and directly enhance the guest experience with Sommelier / beverage elements.
- Monitor the quality of the service during meal period and/or banquet functions by actively engaging guests with personalized wine/beverage service and empower staff to do the same.
- Continuously work on elevating Beverage program, conduct training and seminars for all team members to expand their beverage service skills and increase product knowledge. Create a minimum core knowledge level for each outlet to include: relevant offering, service techniques, proper glassware, beverage pairings and the ability to understand guest preferences.
- Drive Guest Experience to attain customer satisfaction score as determined by the property for F&B department. In addition, to increase the added value component and overall guest experience component.
- Actively participate in the generation of ideas to impact positively on guest experience and to assist in the implementation of these ideas.
- Research, recommend and organize wine menu and beverage program to ensure that each outlet has an independent identity. Print and maintain all beverage lists to be accurate and up to date.
- Collaborate with F&B department heads and Purchasing team on the following: requisitioning, receiving, storing and inventory of all beverage products for entire hotel to ensure that the beverage cost and contribution margins for liquor, beer and wine meet the budgeted target (as set by Director of Food and Beverage)
- Play a part in ideation, proper costing and implementation of specialty team building events that are stylish and current with industry trends.
- Regularly attend preparatory meetings to include, but not limited to Resume Review, BEO meeting, pre-cons, F&B meetings, daily pre-shift meetings.
- Provide timely feedback on success level of events, advising if alternate event arrangements or beverage offering should be made in the future.
- Continue Sommelier education and learning by attending seminars, conferences and other industry related events. Constantly gather and share information about new trends in beverage industry.
- Serve as F&B Manager-on-duty as needed.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com